Friday 17 August 2012

The Discovery of a New Obsession

I just discovered the best web-series in the world.
The Lizzie Bennet Diaries


It is a modern retelling of the much loved classic, especially by me, Pride and Prejudice. The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is done in the style of a vlog diary. We get to know everyone; from Charlotte to Lydia, to Caroline to Darcy, through Lizzie ramblings about her life. But the only characters we actually do get to see for ourselves are Lizzie's sisters, Jane and Lydia (There's only three of them in this one. I suppose having five children goes against modern views or whatever), and Lizzie's best friend, Charlotte. At least, I think they're the only characters we see. I'm only up to episode 8. Anyway, they've got the characters spot-on, especially Lydia and the mum. Lydia is my favourite in this retelling and 'Lizzie' does a fantastic job of impersonating her mother. I can't keep the smile off of my face because she does the mother so well and she looks so funny. But do we actually get to see what everyone else look like? Mr Collins? Bingley? Darcy? I want to see all the men. Hopefully we at least get a glimpse of what they look like every now and then.

It's pretty recent in the sense that it started this year (April) and it's been going on since. I haven't got a clue why I've only found out about this now because the executive producer is Hank Green and I make it my business to know the Green Brothers' business.

I'm going to go back to watching the videos now.

2 comments:

  1. My sister absolutely loves these, even though I still can't convince her to read the actual book! XD
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a shame! What makes it great is seeing all the similarities between the web-series and the novel, and how well they portrayed the characters. Tell your sister that she should read it because it's awesome, from me. :)

      Delete

Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...